Sunday, July 18, 2010

Walking with Brian

My handsome loveman and I took ourselves a little road trip and spent the day together. We went out to Grapevine and walked the main street and the neighborhood. It was much cooler walking through the neighborhood being shaded by those trees let me tell you. Texas heat can get to ya. I just adored this little house's perfect white picket fence. How many people has it seen walk by, and run their fingers across it as they pass? Many I am sure. I added myself to the bunch.
This home was pretty big. The family has done an amazing job restoring it. Not quite as old as some in the neighborhood but just as pretty.
This is the side to one home that has always been my favorite in Grapevine. I love the little gate and I have wanted for years , to just go open it up and see what is hiding back there. My imagination says...a wonderful little gueat house and a perfect garden. With more rose bushes than I can handle. I always go by it when we are in town hoping to see a for sale sign in the yard. Sigh....none again. I guess I will just allow them to to stay a bit longer....lol
This cutie trellis was on the front porch of a home and I liked it too. I would also love to see something like this down the side of a house, in a much larger version. All covered in vines and to cover the cars as we drive through.That would be just lovely.

It was such a wonderful day with Brian. He took me too Jason's Deli afterwards and we had chicken and dumplins for lunch. I am so lucky to have a husband that wants to spend so much time with me. No matter what we are doing. We make such a great pair!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Dear Belinda, first let me thank you for the kind words regarding the lost of my cat. It was very nice of you!
    Here in town is always a pleasure to see the old houses and beautiful gardens. Some people take really great care of their yards. A must see!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete